Sunday, August 8, 2010

Week 1, Day 7

I am becoming a runner in training...I have good days and bad days. I did 3 days of running this week and Saturday (yesterday, the 3rd day of running) was a bad day. I am currently in my home town...sitting in a bar to write this because it is the only place I knew of that had wireless internet. I know a bar isn't where you would expect to find a runner in training but here I am.

Back to the real deal though, Saturday was a bad day. I am not sure if it was because I spent so much time sitting in my car driving home Friday or because I ran at a different time or venue than normal. I normally run at night but on Saturday I got up early to run so I could spend some shopping time with Sam-ma, my grandma. I just couldn't focus which as everyone knows is at least half the battle in pushing yourself. Your body can do it, it is just convincing your brain that you are not going to pass out and die from a few more steps. I did just 30 minutes at running 1 minute and walking 1 minute to recover and I literally thought my lungs were going to collapse. I look forward to this day when it becomes easy...something that I want to do instead of being a chore.